Welcome to Auslan Classroom Resources
Auslan Classroom Resources is a teaching resource repository with a selection of quality resources for teaching early skills to young children who sign, such as fingerspelling, counting or learning the handshapes of Auslan. It has been designed and curated by RIDBC Auslan linguists, researchers and teachers.
The high quality vector artwork of Auslan symbols can be re-used to create further teaching resources and the games available can be played independently to practice Auslan skills without the need to listen to or read English. We intend for this to be a central place to house these resources that will grow based on suggestions, feedback and user generated content.
For now this website will only be available to RIDBC staff to generate some early feedback with the intent of releasing it to the public and releasing the games as apps that can be downloaded on phones and tablets.
Please Contact Us about:
- Which sorts of activities or games do you think would make good apps?
- What other printed resources would you like?
- Any designs or resources you currently use but want improved.
- If you have used the resources, what the children did or didn’t like.
- Any other suggestions you might have.